The Miller Mentoring program promotes and nurtures the relationship between mentor and student. When a positive relationship is created, we begin to see our students gain:
- Appropriate Social Interactions
- Emotional Maturity
- Improved Self-confidence
- Academic Success
- Winona Middle School program meets Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays from 3:30-5 p.m. in Room 280 at WMS.
- Winona Senior High School program meets Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays from 3:30-5 p.m. in Room 229 at WSHS.
- The program schedule coincides with District 861 calendar.
Want to become a mentor?
- Must be 18 years of age and out of high school.
- Complete an application that includes references and background check.
- Attend a mandatory training session.
- Be dependable, consistent, respectful, understanding, patient and positive.
- Commit to one day per week for the academic school year.