Welcome to the Winona Senior High School Learning Commons. Our mission is to ensure that students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills through the process of accessing, evaluating and applying information. The Library/Learning Commons seeks to encourage the growth of ideas, the experience of literature and the effective use of technology.
- To provide a wide range of resources in varying formats to meet the needs of the curriculum.
- To offer students a range of learning opportunities which provide strategies to access, evaluate and use information.
- To assist teachers with the support they need to develop information literate students.
- To develop an interest in reading for enjoyment through programs that allow students to experience different forms of literature.
- To provide services and technologies to allow for maximum access to information.
- To provide facilities that are flexible, inviting and accommodating of students' needs.
Media is available for a 14 day checkout with renewal available. We do not charge fines for late materials but we do charge for lost or stolen materials.
- Table seating for 90
- Bistro and soft seating
- MultiPurpose room w/mounted LCD projector ~ seating for 50
- Portable Smart TV/Smart Board
- One 32-station PC lab w/mounted LCD projector and printer
- Green Screen Room with sound board
- 3-D Printing, Raspberry PI and Sphero hi-tech makerspace
- Puzzles, coloring and games in the low-tech makerspace
- Chromebook support: Repair assistance, Loan, Trouble-shoot
- Calendar for space reservation during school day for staff
- Fiction, Non-Fiction and eBooks
- Knowledgeable staff