Hello families -
We think it is important for all of our families, if they so choose, to continue to celebrate their favorite fall traditions. All that we ask is that you do so in a safe, respectful manner.
With Halloween coming up this weekend, we wanted to pass along this advice from the City of Winona and the Winona County Emergency Department.
If you are planning to trick-or-treat, please follow this advice:
- Stay in small groups and practice physical distancing
- Keep masks on as much as possible
- Carry hand sanitizer and wipes
- Limit driving to different neighborhoods if traveling in cars with unrelated children or individuals
If you are planning on handing out candy to trick-or-treaters, please follow this advice:
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters
- Consider distributing candy on a table in the yard or porch outside, arranged in a way for trick-or-treaters to grab them individually
- Only allow one individual or small group on the steps or porch at any time
- Wear a mask any time you are near trick-or-treaters or other people
The City of Winona website includes some additional information about community events that will enforce health and safety protocols. Check it out here: https://www.cityofwinona.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=47
Halloween is just one of the many traditions that make fall a special time for families and communities. There are others on the horizon, but again, we ask that you be safe and consider taking steps to keep your family healthy and safe. We all need to do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Please consult this guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health if you have any other questions or concerns: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/holidays.html#halloween
Thank you for doing everything you can to keep our school community healthy and safe.
Winona Area Public Schools