The WAPS Online Academy is ready to launch for the 2021-22 school year.
The WAPS Online Academy is a free comprehensive online learning program offered through Winona Area Public Schools. The WAPS Online Academy will provide a personalized online learning environment that values student engagement and offers rigorous learning experiences that lead to high levels of student success.
The program has received provisional approval from the Minnesota Department of Education for the first semester, but WAPS has a transition plan for making this a permanent option for its students. The district will partner with Edgenuity, an online learning provider, to build the curriculum. Both Edgenuity teachers and WAPS Online Academy staff will deliver instruction and support students.
At this time, the WAPS Online Academy is the only alternative to traditional in-person instruction for the 2021-22 school year. Students who register for the WAPS Online Academy will be asked to do so for the entire semester.
- When is the enrollment deadline?
- What does a typical day look like?
- Is there a certain number of required hours per day?
- Is there any way to see what the program looks like before signing on?
- Is the class schedule structured, or is it flexible?
- Will these students be able to participate in athletics, activities and dances?
- Will these students participate in graduation?
- Is the WAPS Online Academy staff shared with other programs?
- Can students switch from the WAPS Online Academy to in-person learning?
- Do students have to use the district-issued Chromebook?
- Is the curriculum 100% online, or are there textbooks?
- My student needs to make up credits. Can they make up credits in Edgenuity while attending school in-person?
- If Edgenuity does not offer a particular course, can students take that course in person?