The Winona Area Public Schools Early Childhood Family Education program is ready to welcome families to attend ECFE classes this school year.
Registration is now open for Term 1 and Term 2 classes.
Classroom numbers have been adjusted to adhere to Minnesota Department of Health guidelines amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The school year will start with classroom levels below the recommended state guidance to allow for consistency for both students, parents and staff.
Parents will be expected to self monitor their health and the health of their children prior to attending classes. More information is available on the WAPS Safe Learning Plan website.
Registration is now open for Term 1 and Term 2 classes. Term 1 is from Sept. 8 through Nov. 6, while Term 2 runs from Nov. 10 through Jan. 15.
The classes being offered in these terms include:
- Baby and Me, 10-11:30 a.m. on Wednesdays
- Toddler Time, 8-9:30 a.m. on Wednesdays
- ECFE Around Town, 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Tuesdays (locations around town, more information is coming)
- Incredible Beginnings, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Mondays (Term 1 only)
- The Enchanted Hour, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. or 4:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays
- Let’s Grow a Grown-Up, 8-10 a.m. Tuesdays or Thursdays or Fridays
- Montessori in the Home, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. or 4:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays (Term 2 only)
ECFE also offers a drop-in playgroup (no registration required) on Tuesdays from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
ECFE is a Minnesota program that offers classes and activities for parents and their children from birth to age 5. It offers a comfortable, informal parent discussion group, and a fun place to meet, learn and play with other parents and children. The goal of ECFE is to enhance the ability of all parents to provide the best possible environment for their child's learning and growth.