All Winona Area Public Schools families are being asked to fill out the Application for Educational Benefits, also known as the free and reduced lunch form.
Although breakfast and lunch will be provided free to all students in Winona Area Public Schools throughout the 2021-22 school year, it is still important for all district families to fill out the Application for Educational Benefits.
Why? Because filling out and returning the form can benefit both your family and all families in Winona Area Public Schools in the following ways:
- Increased funding for WAPS to ensure that students receive the support they need
- Reduced fees for sports and activities through WAPS
- Your family could qualify for the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT), which is a federal temporary emergency benefit for families to purchase food
- Discounts on fees associated with applying for college, ACT/SAT testing and more
- Increased technology funds for WAPS to improve internet access and network services
It is more than just a meal application.
There are several ways for families to apply.