The 151st commencement ceremony for Winona Senior High School is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. Friday. There is a chance it may be moved because of weather concerns. The stream should be able to be seen in the embedded YouTube video below. If it is not working, please to go to the WAPS Activities YouTube page here: https://www.youtube.com/
We are thrilled at the opportunity to have an in-person commencement ceremony at Paul Giel Field this year. The last 14 months have been difficult for many of us, including our seniors, who have had to miss out on so many of the traditions that make the high school experience memorable. To be able to have a night where we can safely gather together and celebrate our graduates is a wonderful thing.
All important graduation information will be sent directly to you. However, you can also check out a special section of our website at winonaschools.org/graduation. This page will be updated with information for our families as well as the general community.
One thing we need to make clear: All of these plans are subject to change if positive COVID-19 cases rise either internally in Winona Area Public Schools or in the general community. If the case levels rise, or if we feel that our families will not be able to follow the proper health and safety protocols, the event will be shifted to a drive-through ceremony like it was last year.
- Mark Anderson, WSHS Principal
- What: 151st commencement ceremony for Winona Senior High School
- When: 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 11
- Where: Paul Giel Field
- Makeup date: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 12
- Practice: 8 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, June 9. Makeup date is 8 a.m. to noon on Thursday, June 10.
- Who can attend? Each student will be allowed to have up to six family members attend.
- How can I watch? If you don't have a ticket, you can watch the ceremony on HBC or through a stream on our website and/or Facebook page.