This message is being sent as a reminder. If you have already signed up for conferences, you do not need to take further action.
Hello W-K families!
We can’t wait for the start of the new school year! Once again, we will begin the school year with back-to-school conferences. These conferences help build a solid foundation for a successful school year.
The conferences will be held on Thursday, Aug. 31 and Tuesday, Sept. 5. Families will sign up for a 20-minute conference slot with each of their child’s classroom teachers.
This message includes:
- How you can learn who your child’s teacher will be
- How to sign up for back-to-school conferences
Class lists have been finalized for most of our classrooms, and you can learn who your child’s teacher will be by logging into the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. For our kindergarten families: Due to additional registrations over the summer, there is a strong possibility a third kindergarten section will be added and your child's teacher could change. Please sign up for a conference time under the name of the teacher currently assigned to your child. An update will be sent as soon as a decision is made. You will likely keep the same conference time.
- Visit https://winonamn.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/winona.jsp or access the Parent Portal app.
- Click on your child’s name
- In the left-hand menu, click on “Schedule” (On the app, you will need to expand the menu by clicking on the button in the upper left-hand corner)
- Your child’s teacher will be listed
- If you need help with the Parent Portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you learn who your child’s teacher will be, you can sign up for a back-to-school conference time.
The conferences will allow for families and their child to meet their new teacher. Teachers will share information and expectations about their classroom and the school, and give families an opportunity to ask questions or share information about their child.
The conferences will be held from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 31, and 7:20 a.m. to 2:20 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
- To sign up for your time, visit: https://www.myconferencetime.com/wkwaps
- Look for a link with the name of your child’s teacher
- Fill out the necessary information
In addition to the conference with a teacher, families can tour the school, drop off school supplies, complete paperwork and meet support personnel.
If you need help, please contact Dallas Fitch, building secretary, at email@example.com. While W-K is currently closed for the geothermal dehumidification construction project, it will be open next week for teachers and staff to prepare classrooms for the beginning of the school year. These conferences will be held in the school building.
P.S. If you need to find a 2023-24 calendar, school supply lists or information about student meals, please visit winonaschools.org/backtoschool.