Inspire curiosity, empower resiliency, engage community.
A safe and inclusive community of compassionate, curious and resilient lifelong learners.
Our Core Values
- Safety: Everyone’s physical and emotional well-being is a priority.
- Integrity: Everyone does the right thing and makes positive choices, even if it is difficult.
- Inclusivity: Everyone belongs, is valued and is heard.
- Equity: Everyone has the opportunities, access, information and support provided in the individual way they need it.
- Respect: Everyone’s differences are recognized, acknowledged and celebrated.
- We believe that public schools should serve and engage students, families, staff and the community.
- We believe learning and teaching is maximized in a safe, respectful and inclusive environment
- We believe every individual’s diversity and experience is valued.
- We believe healthy relationships are crucial for the success of our schools.
- We believe that every student can achieve to the best of their ability.
- We believe all decisions should be focused on students and their success.
A strategic plan clarifies the school district’s purpose and direction. It serves as the school board’s visionary road map for governing while focusing on equitable student achievement for all. It sets clear expectations for district leadership to develop and monitor continuous improvement practices. It leans on the intellect, insight and lived experience of school board members, district staff and students, local business leaders and other community members to develop a shared vision that takes into account the beliefs, values and goals of all stakeholders.
The Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA) provided guidance and assistance with the strategic planning process.