Update (3/17/22): The COVID-19 Health Protocols document now reflects updated guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Winona Area Public Schools COVID-19 Health Protocols (updated March 17, 2022)
- Letter to families announcing the new protocols (sent March 4, 2022)
- Best Practice Recommendations for COVID-19 Prevention in Schools for the 2021-22 School Year (updated March 10, 2022)
- COVID-19 Quarantine Guide for Schools, Child Care, and Youth Programming (updated March 2022)
Resources for Families
- Coping with Anxiety as Mask Mandates Lift (Michigan Health)
- How to Deal With Bullying Over Face Masks in School (Boston Children’s Hospital)
- Reassuring Children (Philadelphia Inquirer Opinion)
- National Association of School Psychologists Resources
We are encouraging Winhawks of all ages to get tested for COVID-19 before school resumes on Monday, March 14. An easy way to do this is to visit the main office in your school building to request a rapid test kits, or contact COVID-19 coordinator Jackie Henderson at 507-494-0867 or email@example.com.
Face coverings are recommended but optional for students, staff and visitors while in Winona Area Public Schools buildings.