Student Health Services
For information about our COVID-19 protocols during the 2020-21 school year, please visit the WAPS Safe Learning Plan website.
Major goals of our Student Health Services program include:
• assisting with access to primary health care.
• providing a system for dealing with crisis medical situations.
• providing health screening and immunization monitoring.
• identification and care of student health concerns.
• promotion of appropriate health education.
• promoting a healthful and safe school environment that facilitates learning.
• providing a system of evaluation of the effectiveness of the school health program.
Student Health Services staff strive to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment for students. We request that parents notify us of any health condition that may affect their child’s educational progress, especially any that may result in an emergency or require our assistance during the school day. Our staff is available to assist students and their families in planning any needed school accommodations.
During the 2020-21 school year, students who feel ill during the school day are asked to tell their teacher, who then contacts the office, and the student goes to the Isolation Room. There, trained staff screen the student and work with the health office staff and school nurse to determine the plan for the student, including contacting the parent/guardian. Students who are ill, especially with COVID-19 symptoms, must be picked up immediately.