Welcome to Winona Area Public Schools | District 861
At Winona Area Public Schools, we take pride in the exceptional experiences and academics we offer our students. From our focus on achievement and excellence in all we do, innovations geared toward the future, and making each student feel safe and valued, great things happen here. Our offerings for students in academics, fine arts and athletics allow everyone to find an opportunity that fits their interests.
A safe and inclusive community of compassionate, curious and resilient lifelong learners.
Inspire curiosity, empower resiliency, engage community.
- Safety: Everyone’s physical and emotional well-being is a priority.
- Integrity: Everyone does the right thing and makes positive choices, even if it is difficult.
- Inclusivity: Everyone belongs, is valued and is heard.
- Equity: Everyone has the opportunities, access, information and support provided in the individual way they need it.
- Respect: Everyone’s differences are recognized, acknowledged and celebrated.
- We believe that public schools should serve and engage students, families, staff and the community.
- We believe learning and teaching is maximized in a safe, respectful and inclusive environment
- We believe every individual’s diversity and experience is valued.
- We believe healthy relationships are crucial for the success of our schools.
- We believe that every student can achieve to the best of their ability.
- We believe all decisions should be focused on students and their success.