At Winona Area Public Schools, we believe learning and teaching is maximized in a safe, respectful and inclusive learning environment. Every student's physical and emotional well-being is a priority.
In order for our students to achieve the best of their ability, we need to keep our schools healthy. This is a shared responsibility between families, staff and students.
Please monitor your child for any symptoms of illness and make sure you follow the guidelines listed below before sending them to school. We realize the inconvenience of needing to stay home with an ill child, but we all need to play our part in helping our schools remain healthy and safe.
- Fevers (100 degrees F or higher): Students must be fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication before returning to school
- Vomiting: Students may return to school 24 hours after vomiting has stopped
- Diarrhea: Students may return to school 24 hours after diarrhea has stopped
- Coughing: Coughs need to be controlled and noncontinuous in order to come to school
- Rashes: Undiagnosed skin sores or lesions must be completely covered by clothing or bandages, and students cannot have any other illness symptoms (like a fever) in order to come to school. Diagnosed rashes must follow infectious disease guidelines.
- Conjuctivitis (pink eye): Students can come to school unless they have a fever or other illness symptoms.
- Student Health Services
- Should I Send My Child to School?
- COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
- Early Childhood Screening
- Communicable Disease
- Health Screening Programs
- Head Lice
Student Health Services
Should I Send My Child to School?
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
Early Childhood Screening
Health Screening Programs
District Health Services Coordinator, RN, BSN, LSN
District Wide, Washington Kosciusko Elementary School, Goodview Elementary School, Jefferson Elementary School, Goodview Early Childhood
School Nurse, RN, BSN, LSN
Winona Area Learning Center, Winona Senior High School, Winona Middle School
Non-Public School Nurse, RN
Jefferson Elementary School
District Health Secretary
Winona Middle School
Winona Senior High School
Washington Kosciusko Elementary School
Goodview Elementary School