Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is helping to build the blocks for family and school
success. If you have children from birth to age five and are looking for support, information and education on raising children please join us at ECFE.
We welcome new families, your first term is always free.
ECFE is a Community Education program for ALL families and children birth through kindergarten. We offer a comfortable, informal parent discussion group, and a fun place to meet, learn, and play with other parents and children.
Winona ECFE is adjusting to meet parent needs while Winona Area Public Schools is in distance learning.
The main way to stay up to date on all the offerings is to follow Winona ECFE on Facebook (a feed also populates the right side of this website).
Here is what to expect over the next few weeks.
For the kiddos
- Weekly packet pick-up of activities to do at home for children ages 0-5 (sign-up required)
- Multiple opportunities for live drop-in circle times and pre-recorded videos for children of ages 0-5
For the adults
- Multiple opportunities for drop-in Parent Education sessions for families with children of any age.
- Multiple opportunities for individual or small group Parent Education sessions with the topic and Parent Educator of your choice.
- Multiple opportunities for individual consultations with a Child Educator of your choice.
- Parent education book studies that were ongoing will still meet weekly to discuss and finish books.
What else should you know?
- The Winona ECFE Facebook page will be the main means of communication in regards to what is going on each week.
- Staff will be utilizing Sign-Up Genius as a tool to schedule individual and/or small group sessions
- Live sessions will be held using Google Meets for children and adults
- Staff will still be available through email or phone calls and will return messages as soon as possible
- ECFE Parent Education Drop-Ins and Sessions are open to families with children of all ages.
Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity that contributes to the quality of life for families with young children in our community? Join EFCE PTA! Contact the ECFE office at 507-494-0913 for more information.