Welcome to Winona Area Public Schools | District 861
We are a community that inspires all students to be life-long learners who strive to fulfill their unique potential and improve our society.
To empower students of all ages to be life-long learners who demonstrate creative thinking, critical analysis and problem solving skills in an ever changing and challenging world.
Learner Needs ~ Safety ~ Trust ~ Positive Relationship
Objective & Validated Decision Making
Financial Stewardship ~ Diversity
- Making the Grade is aired on HBC Channel 25
- Monday-Saturday at 7:00 am - 6:30 pm
This month WAPS Superintendent Rich Dahman visits with Luke Merchlewitz and Shelly Milek of the Foundation for Winona Area Public Schools; and Winona Area Learning Center assistant principal Andrew Cappel and WALC counselor Samantha Wagner.
December 2017: WAPS Superintendent Richard Dahman talks with Stephanie Gilliand and Kelli Kronebusch about Voluntary PreK program, and WSHS National Honor Society member Jade Joswick and NHS Advisor Sarah Dixen.
November 2017: WAPS Superintendent Richard Dahman talks with W-K principal Dawn Waller-Lueck and Kelly Halvorsen, and Goodview Elementary teachers about their new "Makerspace".
October 2017: HBC TV 25's Dave Dicke talks with new WAPS Superintendent Richard Dahman.
September 2017: HBC TV 25's Dave Dicke interviews new WAPS Superintendent Richard Dahman, and WAPS Assistant Principals Dr. Chai Lee and Andrew Kappel.
Inside Your Schools
Winona Area Public Schools distributes a community newsletter call "Inside Your School" three times a year. This newsletter is delivered to all residents and provides an inside scoop of our schools and presents challenges and celebrations.
For questions, comments, suggestions for articles, please contact Inside Your Schools Editor.
School start times and bus pickups will be two hours after regularly scheduled time.
- Key Kids will provide care for families enrolled in snow care. Students will be bussed from the Central site to their schools.
- Breakfast will be served at the Winona Senior High School but will not be served at Winona Middle School, Winona Area Learning Center or any of our elementary schools.
- Morning and afternoon preschool is canceled at Goodview along with morning preschool at Rollingstone.
- ECFE classes scheduled before 10:00 a.m. will be canceled. Any classes that begin at 10:00 a.m. or later will go on as scheduled.
- Adult Literacy classes will be held as scheduled. Adult Enrichment, Project COMPASS and After School Activities will go as scheduled
- Key Kids will provide care at Winona Middle School on full snow days for families enrolled for snow care.
- District-sponsored events/programs are canceled, including: K-12 events, athletic events, co-curricular events, Miller Mentoring Program, Community Education events/classes, including ECFE, preschools, Adult Literacy, GED Testing, Adult Enrichment, Project COMPASS, After School Activities, etc.
- Many of the school district’s administration offices are open regardless of the weather. Call specific office for more information.
WAPS has a district-wide notification system (Campus Messenger), which is part of our Infinite Campus Student Information program. Campus Messenger provides the district with the ability to quickly send mass communication via phone, SMS text message, and e-mail. If you have children attending Winona Area Public Schools check to be sure your contact information is up-to-date in our system.
If you are a district parent and would like to sign up or have questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your question(s) or to request an activation key. The activation key will allow you to create your Campus parent portal account.
Tune in to area media stations (radio/TV) for the latest on any school closing information.