Child Care Providers
Welcome to the WAPS Child Care Provider Site. This site has been developed in an effort to connect you with resources and information on professional development and curriculum opportunities in our area.
SAVE THE DATE!
Winona’s Annual Caring for Children Conference
- Saturday, November 4, 2017
- 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- WSU Kryzsko Commons East Hall
Join us for networking & food, make-n-takes, prizes, and 6 hours of professional development for child care providers.
Training will include, but not be limited to, mandatory topics that meet the requirement for Active Supervision and Child Growth & Development & Behavior Guidance.
This is a great opportunity to have fun and get 6 hours of training locally!
- Families First of Minnesota (formerly CCR&R)
- Minnesota Licensing Forms and Information
- Licensed Providers Required Training Spreadsheet
- Step by step guide to complete your membership in DEVELOP
- Minnesota State College Southeast Technical - Early Childhood Education
- St Mary's University of Minnesota - Educational Studies
- Winona State University - College of Education
- Books by the Bushel
- Bright By Three
- Child Care Aware of Minnesota
- City of Winona - Library, East Recreation Center and more!
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Crafts For Kids
- Deductions with the Child and Dependent Care Credit
- Department of Human Services
- Downloadable bookmarks with activities to do with children. One bookmark each for sing, talk, read, play from Family Reading Partnership.
- Eager-to-Learn - Online classes for people who care for children
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) in Winona
- Families First of Minnesota (Formerly Child Care Resource And Referral)
- Family & Children's Center
- Family Education
- FINE: Family Involvement Network of Educators
- Fishing Ideas for Preschoolers
- Fresh For Kids
- Head Start
- Help Me Grow
- Infant Mental Health Resources - Live Well Winona
- Learn the Signs, Act Early Campaign – includes resources for early childhood educators from the CDC
- Lets Move! Child Care- Healthy Kids
- Live Well Winona
- Minneminds Campaign
- Minnesota Center For Professional Development - Supporting Early Childhood & School-aged Practitioners & Providers
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Minnesota Licensing Forms
- Parent Aware
- Pinterest - Parenting Young Children
- Reading Rockets
- The Daycare Lady - online coaching resource
- The Minnesota Association for Children's Mental Health
- The Minnesota Association for Family and Early Education
- Ultimate Guide to Reading Comprehension
- Winona County Community Health Services
- Winona County Human Services Day Care Information
- Zero to Three
The Birth to Grade 3 Committee began in October 2011. The intent of this committee is to support early childhood and home child care programming, within and outside of the district in order to increase access to quality programs, enhance services and align the K-3 system to preschool programs already in place.
The committee has five work groups:
- Support & Resources for Families & Community
- Readiness & Tranistion
- Professional Development